Guest Author Agreement
All Guest Posts must comply with the following criteria:
- You must be a financial member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, the Philo and/or Rhoer affiliate, or a recognized partner.
- Submissions should be kept between 600 – 1500 words. Longer posts are allowed if it is necessary and relevant, but the final length of the article is decided by Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority and reserves the right to edit guest posts where necessary.
- Topic can be of your choosing, although the Centennial committee reserves the right to decline any topic.
- Topic choice should be within the realm of historical significance of the Sisterhood and affiliates.
- Post may have a maximum of one outbound link to author's website in the bio. Links to non-Sigma Gamma Rho resources will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Post must be uniquely written by you and not published anywhere else.
- Post cannot include or reference any objectionable content.
- You should include a head shot and short bio of 2-3 sentences at the end of your post.
- Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
- When quoting others, please make sure to properly cite your source.
- Posts will acknowledge your authorship, but will be the property of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority.
- Once the post has been submitted to Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, you may not publish it anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website or blog.
- If we use your guest post, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting does not mean you post the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your guest post and a short sentence or two explaining what the article is about.
- We do not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post to our site, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority welcomes images and/or video to accompany your guest post as long as they meet the following requirements:
- a. The Guest Post writer must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. Proof must be submitted along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
- b. Sigma Gamm Rho Sorority reserves the right to change/edit the image/video if necessary.
- c. If people are included in the image/video, then the Guest Post writer must provide a written release allowing use of likeness.
- d. Video/image submissions must be relevant to the post.
- e. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems inappropriate or contrary to the values of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority and its brand.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority will share and promote the guest post on a variety of social media networks, but does not guarantee any particular site or audience reach.
- If a submission is inappropriate or needs improvements, a Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority representative will let you know and offer suggestions so that it may be published at a later time. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority will review your submissions in a timely manner.
By submitting a Guest Post to SIGMA GAMMA RHO SORORITY, you agree than you have read and understand this agreement and agree to be bound by it.